domingo, 6 de septiembre de 2009

Wordsworth "Daffodils"


After reading the poem called “daffodils” by Wordsworth only one thing came into my mind, the importance of nature. I believe that William was trying to show that whenever he felt sad, lonely or afraid he looked for nature in order to get some comfort in his life. Daffodils are associated to spring, spring is associated to love, and love is associated to happiness. In this case, I believe that William was trying to show that nature is his way of escaping of all the bad things that sometimes a human being need to overcome.
I apply this poem in my personal life. We sometimes do not have nature to help us to feel better, but most of the time we have family or friends who are always there for us. I believe that nature and society had a lot in common in this poem. Maybe William sees daffodils as his allied or friends that will help him to overcome bad moments.

1 comentario:

Clau dijo...

I agree with you when you said that we have a great lack of nature in our lives, not only physical but in the soul too. Sometime human beings need to have hope hat no matter what everything can change for better, and nature gives us that. If you have to teach this poem in a 1st grade (high school), how would you do it?

Take care,

Claudia